Shipment Rating and Routing Solutions to help shippers manage ocean contracts, air contracts, and trucking rates; determine the lowest cost carrier routings; reconciling shipping costs; and controlling transportation spend.
Freightgate’s Shipment Rating and Routing Solutions are the answer to the long standing problem of carrier service contract management, distribution and organization. And, how to route shipments with the best combination of service and transportation spend.
Freight rates, surcharges and accessorial fees fluctuate frequently, complex calculations utilizing current information is needed to get an accurate and complete picture of total shipping costs. Rate data can optimized into multi-echelons for use in sales initiatives, RFPs, analysis of total transportation costs, routing guides, chargeback analytics, invoice validation, and how to tackle capacity management issues, supply chain disruptions, and ERP integration to name a few. Using rate data efficiently, shippers are empowered with more business intelligence, faster decision making, better profitability, improved workflow and organizational performance.
By replacing countless pages of inconsistent and difficult to understand rates with an interactive, searchable and cloud-enabled solution, shippers gain a whole new level of productivity, delivery performance while minimizing transportation spend.
- Optimal rating and routing decisions — all modes of transport , by leg, for a given move.
- Best service and cost decisions — capture total, end to end shipment cost for complex (up to five leg) moves.
- Integrated surcharge and accessorial rates — make certain total transportation costs are included in your delivered price calculations.
- Integrated Request for Proposal tool — easily prepare, distribute, upload and compare transportation proposals from multiple carriers to develop the best cost options.
- “What If Scenario Analysis” (WISA) — compare various supply chain scenarios to optimize sourcing, routing, and other supply chain components including carrying cost, duties and fees, to develop the most optimum network.
- Internet accessible data base of all your rates allowing visibility and access to these rates by your remote offices and trading partners.
- Electronically send your supply chain partners accurate routing and cost information via the Internet.
- Document Management Engine to electronically store and access hard copies of contracts, terms, rates, and necessary reference documents.
- Robust tender management tool — to reduce the time and effort required to prepare and review complex requests for transportation rate proposals.
- Optimal rating and routing generates savings that can be passed along to customers.
- Faster delivered cost quotes to customers improve probability for sales and repeat business.
- Multi-modal – handling Air, Ocean, LTL, FTL Truckload, Rail and Barge in any combination at the shipment level.
- Five Leg Routing Engine for complex global moves – comparing modes, carriers, rates, service levels and equipment types.
- Quote Basket quickly gathers the information your customer wants on the fly.
- Seamless Quote Generation and Transmission with I-Quote! – formats Quote Basket information into an easily edited and customized quote for electronic transmission to the customer.
- Quote Tracking and Version Control – Ensures the entire enterprise handles quotations for specific customers in a coherent and consistent manner.
- Business Intelligence Tool – Gives a clear, convenient history of closure rate, yield and trends by customer, sales rep, geography and more.
- User Friendly Data Upload and Download – compatible with MS Excel and other formats.
The Freightgate Team excels at finding innovative solutions to improve Shipment Rating and Routing with our vast arsenal of flexible cloud technology tools – take a logistics cloud demo of our freight rate management solutions and experience the difference yourself first hand. Share with us your toughest Shipment Rating and Routing challenge and allow us to come up with a creative, potentially out of the box solution.